- Username and Password are pre-programmed into your modem.
- Included CD-Rom is not required for installation unless using USB drivers.
- ADSL filters are to be placed on any telephone line where a telephone, fax machine or satellite receiver is plugged into a phone jack.
- Placing a filter on the line where the ADSL modem is plugged in will filter out the ADSL signal, causing your internet not to work. If using a - splitter type filter, the DSL modem has to be plugged into the side marked with a computer icon or labeled DSL.
- NEVER for any reason is it necessary to press the "reset" or "default" button on the back of the modem. Doing so will erase the saved configuration from memory, and the modem will not work without being reprogrammed.
- 2-way or 3-way telephone line splitters should not be used at the jack where your ADSL connection is located. The splitters will degrade the ADSL signal quality. Please contact the business office to obtain a proper ADSL splitter/filter.
No page can be displayed. Server not found
1. Completely turn off both your computer and ADSL modem. If you have an external router/switch/hub, turn it off as well.
2. Verify that your telephone and ethernet (or USB) cables are plugged in securely on both ends.
3. Turn the ADSL modem back on.
4. Wait 1 minute, then turn the computer back on. If you have an external router/switch/hub, you can now turn it on as well.
5. Try your internet again.
- If still not working, verify that dial-tone is present at the jack using a working telephone. Also, verify that no ADSL filter is has been plugged into the line.
Computer is still trying to use dial-up connection settings.
Using Internet Explorer 6.0 (Settings may differ a little depending on browser version)
1. Click the settings button.
2. Click the connections tab.
3. Verify that the option "Never dial a connection" is selected.
- If not, select and click the Apply button.
4. To set up a new ADSL Internet connection, click the Setup... button.
5. Select the option "I want to set up my Internet connection manually, or I want to connect through a local area network (LAN)." Click Next button.
6. Select the option "I connect through a local area network (LAN)." Click Next button.
7. For Automatic Configuration, leave all boxes unchecked. Click the Next button.
8. If asked if you want to set up an Internet mail account now, select the option "No," and click the Next button.
9. Click the Finish button.
10. Restart your browser to connect to the internet. If prompted, click the Connect button.
Wireless ADSL modem not working correctly
1. Verify that the Wireless ADSL modem is turned on.
2. Verify that a hard-wired ethernet or USB connected computer will work.
3. Verify that the SSID and encryption (WEP or WPA) settings are correct.
4. Try bringing the wirelessly connected computer closer to the modem.
Return to Top